- Whole Stewing Chicken Skinless cut up into parts
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil for flavor
- 1 large sweet yellow onion diced
- 6 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 3-4 medium size very ripe fresh tomatoes, pureed
- 2” cinnamon sticks whole
- 6 whole cloves
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Mizithra cheese mixed with Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 package spaghetti cooked al dente or slightly firm
Preheat 11” Gourmet Skillet on medium high heat until water beads up & dances. Saute diced onion until soft and transparent. Toss in minced garlic, whole clove & cinnamon stick and let cook 1 minute until aromatic. Coat chicken with a little salt, pepper & oregano and sear in pan on both sides until browned. Optional to add olive oil here for flavor.
Once chicken is browned and onion is soft and almost sticking to the pan interior, throw in white wine and sear food away from pan. Lastly, pour pureed tomatoes on top, add bay leaves, 1/2 of fresh chopped parsley, close lid, lower heat to medium and once temperature hits 60 degrees, turn heat down simmering low.
Simmer for 40 minutes on low heat or until chicken is cooked right through.
In 8qt Roaster, add spaghetti to boiling water and allow to cook for approximately 9 minutes for ‘al dente’ or slightly firm. Drain noodles but do not rinse. Coat with a little butter or olive oil according to personal preference and toss.
Serve reddened chicken in its sauce on the spaghetti with a side of Mizithra cheese which is the authentic way it’s served in Greek cuisine. If you can’t find Mizithra, using grated Pecorino Romano is a close second and will greatly bring out the flavor of this sauce! Garnish with remaining chopped parsley and serve.