Tequila Marinade Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro stems and leaves
- 1 jalapeno chile, including seeds and ribs chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
In a blender or food processor, combine all marinade ingredients and process until smooth. Cut chicken into 3/4 inch pieces, cutting across grain on breast. Place chicken into your PLATINUM 4QT Roaster and pour in marinade. Seal it with your PLATINUM Vacuum Lid **. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours. Remove chicken from marinade, discard the marinade. Weave 3 or 4 of the chicken strips on to skewers. Using a flat mallet, gently flatten the chicken strips.
Cook on medium heat in your PLATINUM Grill Pan or on the barbeque 3 to 4 minutes per side or until no sign of pink when pierced with a tip of a knife.
** If you do not have the vacuum pump and lid call us to tell you how you can get one. It is a must for everyone’s kitchen!!
Pineapple Mango Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cored and diced fresh pineapple (1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 cups pitted, skinned, and diced ripe mango (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In PLATINUM 2QT Roaster over medium heat, combine the vinegar, honey, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to simmer. Stir in Pineapple and mango and bring to boil. Reduce heat and let cool slightly, then stir in the bell pepper and cilantro. Transfer to a serving bowl and let cool completely. Season the chutney to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer about two thirds of the chutney to a food processor and pulse just short of a puree. Return to bowl and and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
A nice wine to serve with your dinner: Cabernet Sauvignon or a off-dry Riesling.