FEATURED PRODUCT: PLATINUM Oval Roaster
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 apples, cored and quartered
Heat the Platinum oval roaster to water dancing. Place chicken breast side down in the pan, and brown until you can turn it without sticking, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken on its bottom and repeat.
Place the potatoes and carrots in the pot around the chicken. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes on low heat.
In a saucepan, mix honey, mustard, butter, onion, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Remove honey mixture from heat, and set aside. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the honey mixture.
Place apples in pot. Continue cooking 20 minutes uncovered, or until the glaze has browned. The chicken meat should reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
Serve immediately. Take note of the superior flavor and moistness of the meat as a result of the waterless cooking method. This recipe can be completed in about an hour.